Friday, April 29, 2011

The Crushinator!

We are constantly amazed at how capable our sons can be. Dylan is back at college wrapping up another semester on the Dean's List. Benjamin is working on his domestic skills at home. He is fast becoming my prep cook!


Ben's favorite thing to "help" with is unloading the dishwasher. In efforts to keep the items clean, I always sacrifice one or two items to his cause (usually a ladle or spatula) and then rush to empty the racks as fast as I can.

This time I handed him the garlic press. As I turned away I thought, "I'd better take that back before he pinches his fingers in it". However, I turned back around to find him expertly crushing his little freeze-dried yogurt snacks at the counter. He had no difficulty knowing what to do with it and how to open and close it effectively; and without harming his capable little pinkies. He had a great time rubbing the resultant snack powder all over the counter too.










1 comment:

  1. This is such a smart idea~ :) I might have to try this with Pavlos & his Os cereal :P

    ReplyDelete